GaPa Visitors Tax and GaPaCard
The municipal authorities of spa and health resorts are charging a visitor's tax. The visitors tax is a fixed and earmarked contribution which is applied to provide for and maintain facilities
for spa purposes such as recreational and sports facilities, hiking trails, ski runs as well as various other local facilities.
For each person and night the city charges 2 EUR. Children up to 5 years of age are exempt from the tax. Children from 6 up to 15 years of age pay 1 EUR per day. The visitor´s card (a kind of voucher) will be handed out to you upon arrival by the proprietor or hotel staff. It is not transferable and it is only valid for the duration of the registered stay.
Enjoy the following highlights with your personal GaPaCard, yours free of charge use during your stay in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
- free utilization of the municipal bus service
- free utilization of the Arena Express Bayern-Tirol (train between Garmisch-Partenkirchen -Ehrwald - Lermoos - Reutte - Vils)
- a wide variety of walking tours and other visitor programs sponsored by Garmisch- Partenkirchen Tourism,
- free entrance to all concerts of "Musik im Park"
- free entrance to the Holiday-Park Loisachbad,
- reading rooms for your use at the Kurhaus Garmisch,
- free card for library books in Garmisch and in Partenkirchen,
- 1x free entrance in the Alpspitz-Wellenbad (wave pool),1x free entrance in the Casino (passport necessary)
- authorization to purchase the "ZugspitzCard" and "ZugspitzCard Gold"
In addition, we offer you a discount on the entrance fees to the following attractions
- Partnach Gorge
- Guided tours through town with certified guide
- Summer Toboggan Run near Kainzenbad (if you purchase a multiple ride ticket)
- Olympic Ice Stadium
- Olympic Bobsleigh Run
- Indoor tennis court at the Hausberg
- Michael Ende - an adventure exhibition/ Kurhaus Garmisch
- art exhibitions/ Kurhaus Garmisch
- Museum Aschenbrenner
- Werdenfels Museum
- Partenkirchner Bauerntheater
- rope mountaineering park at the "Wank-Cable-Car-Station", Flying Fox at Olympic Skistadium
- Bodyanalysis - measuring of the energy balance at the GaPa Gesundheits-Eck
- Laber cable car/ Oberammergau
- Open air museum of Glentleiten
- Alpentherme Ehrenberg
- Swarovski Kristallwelten/Wattens